The new Geoseeker from OKM for locating water and caves is available now! This new developed geoelectrical device is using ground resistivity to locate underground anomalies like water deposits or cavities in high depth up to incredible 250 meters!
Locate new water sources in dry areas up to 250 m depth!
Look for underground caves and natural cavities at incredible depths!
Approved measurement principle used by geologists all over the world.
Looking for underground water and natural caves with geoelectrical measurements
The Geoseeker is specially made for the detection of new water sources and natural cavities in dry areas. By measuring the ground resistivity of your scanned area, the device will detect differences in soil resistance and so can locate underground anomalies in a professional and reliable way. This geoelectrical measurement principle has been used successfully by professionals and geologists all over the world and is one of the most successful measurement principle to look for underground water deposits, water occurances or new water sources without the need for costly drilling. Explore the subsurface and visualize it in a three-dimensional graphic before starting to drill. Analyse all your measured data in a special 3d software from OKM on the delivered tablet PC.
The Geoseeker can do measurements in extreme depths up to 250 meters under the ground surface. All measurements are done automatically by the Geoseeker itself. The user just needs to follow the step by step guidance on the screen, put the electrodes into the ground as indicated on the display and wait for the scan result. Due to this user friendliness, this geophysical device is also suitable for unexperienced users offering professional results at the same time.
Why is Geoseeker better than other equipments
- less equipment to carry for easy transportation (less electrodes, less cables, less operating expenses)
- finds water and caves in high depth up to 250 m underground
- easy handling due to step by step guidance of unit
- indication on device display how to position the electrodes in the field
- 3d analysis of measured data
- determine position of detected underground water or cave which is most essential for drilling
- distinguish easily water deposits from cavities; water (low resistance factor) is indicated in blue and caves (high resistance factor) in red color
- getting an idea about the expected depth for drilling
The Geoseeker has 3 different measurement methods available:
Active Scan – Accurate: During the active scan the Geoseeker does a measurement by sending constantly active current into the ground with the Power Box (max. voltage 390 V). The accurate scan takes a bit longer than the quick scan mode but offers a much more accurate scan result.
Active Scan – Quick: A quick scan of the underground is done while current is continuously sent into the ground (max. voltage 390 V). This method is most efficient for getting a quick overview of a new terrain. More accurate scans can be repeated later in the accurate scan mode.
Passive Scan: Passive measurement without power feed, measurement of the natural ground tension. This measurement method is most suitable for sloping terrain with subterranean flowing waters.
Define single measurement points for grid pattern representation
The measurement area will be splitted in individual measurement points to define a grid pattern of the graphical representation of the measured field. Each measurement point will be scanned by the Geoseeker from the user’s selected starting depth up to the end depth (depth control). The scan result of such a partial measurement will be indicated immediately as a measurement value (current, voltage, resistance).
When the measurement of one scan point is finished the user can move the electrodes to the next measure point and continue with the next measurement. So step by step a grid pattern representation of the scan field will be produced. When enough measurement values (measure points) has been collected and the measurement of the complete area is completed, the scan result will be displayed as a three dimensional graphic. This 3d scan analysis can be done on-site. The measured data is transferred without cable to the tablet PC and can be reviewed immediately on the field.
Depending on the selected number of measure points and selected depths some measurements can take longer than others but will be much more accurate.
When starting a new project the device will ask for the scan mode and if necessary for the length and width of field, the distance between the measure points and/or the desired starting and ending depth. An ongoing measurement can be stopped at any time and continued at a later moment. When a measurement is stopped before being completed, it is still possible to see the 3d graphic representation of the area you have scanned so far.
- Max. measuring depth ….. 250 m (with distance of 500 m between 2 of the electrodes)
- Total weight …. 35 kg
Geoseeker Power Box
- Internal Power Supply … Lead Acid Battery (2 x 12 V, 10 Ah)
- Output … max. 390 V, 0.5 A, 20 W
- Power Supply (8 AA batteries) … 8 – 14 VDC1
- Effective Range (differential) … -1400 to +1400 mV
- Input Resistance (static) … approx. 12 MΩ
- Data Sampling Rate … 4096 Hz (64 times oversampling of a 512 samples mean value)
- Measurement Period per Scan Point … min. 16 seconds
Scope of delivery
The Geoseeker comes with the following components included:
- power box (built into shock protective transportation case)
- 2x power cable drum ⌀ 290 mm, cable length 255 m
- 2x voltage cable drum ⌀ 120 mm, cable length 26 m
- 8x rechargeable AA batteries
- Android tablet PC
- tablet holder
- 2x extension cable 2 m
- charger for controller
- charger for power box
- 4x electrodes
- USB power pack with charger and travel adapter
- detailed user manual
Robust and transportable equipment for outdoor usage
The Geoseeker is built into a shock protective transportation box for easy and safe transportation in the outdoors. The electrodes are robust and solid for usage in dry soils or hard rock grounds.
|For easy and uncomplicated handling the Geoseeker comes with special cable drums for the wire extension of the electrodes.|
If you are looking for the perfect device for professional water and cave detection in high depth please contact us to get your price quote for the OKM Geoseeker.
CALL NOW: (+49) 3447 499300-0
EMAIL US NOW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use our request form and get your answer right away